Flexibility at work signifies eagerness and the ability to respond to the dynamic environment. It gives ample scope to the employers and employees to make arrangements and incorporate changes about working conditions that suit them the best. This often permits employees to maintain a work-life balance, to hold a fresh mindset and healthy relationships with co-workers at work. Doing so, helps employers to improve productivity and ensures the efficiency of their business.
One thing to remember is that flexibility works both ways. This means that the employer should also be open to accept the circumstances of the employee, and, should be able to respond to the needs of the business.
FACTORS THAT INDICATES WORKPLACE FLEXIBILITY
- A company desires candidates who can schedule tasks as per company’s need, delegate tasks if there’s an emergency to be delivered, stay back at work if projects are not handed over on time, come early to the office, to discuss things beforehand, or occasionally attend an official seminar, meeting or an event.
- Flexibility also means having employees who are willing to step out of their comfort zone to work for a different profile as and when required; who would take up responsibilities during a crisis, and do more work.
- Employers value those who are dedicated towards executing their daily tasks. They are termed flexible and company banks upon them for the company’s welfare.
- Recently, companies have been taking initiative towards implementing work flexibility into their business practices. The term ‘flexibility’ might sound common, but it has a considerable value. It not only satisfies your employees but also doubles the productivity of your business.
- Employers along with other staff members should take time out to decide what works best for their business. Understanding what sort of pliancy works best for your employees will help analyze your shortcomings and guide you towards making the right decisions.
- Some amount of workplace litheness is great for a candidate’s moral. It ultimately reflects the trust between the employer and the employee.
- In a business relationship, when employees are trusted to make decisions about the best way to get their work done, there’s a sense of empowerment, and that feeling leads to stronger investment in their work and higher morale. It is a proven fact that when employers support work flexibility and offer workability options, employees are more likely to stay with that employer for a longer period.
- A happy and healthy workplace reduces mental stress and one is easily able to manage things. Allowing holidays on occasions, necessary leave provisions, timely appraisals, and incentives.
- Flexibility at work means no place for compromisation and getting time off for themselves, their families and friends. As per the White House Council of Economic Advisors reports, work flexibility and job satisfaction boosts productivity and is good for our economy at large.
- Having flexible employees are valuable. Flexible workers never say, “That is not my job” or “Why would I do a task which is not assigned to me?” when they are given a new assignment. Flexible employees modify their approach to tasks based on the preferences of stakeholders and the unique demands of each situation.
Flexibility at times becomes the most important factor, and comes before remuneration, incentives and provisions. At its core, what is expected at a workplace in terms of flexibility is some relaxation that does not compromise with work. As an instance, employees seeking an early off on friday before the weekend strikes, working in time slots, doing tasks remotely and getting half-days at times are some benefits that people look around for, to get some good time.