WHY CHOOSE A FULL-TIME JOB?
Fixed Schedule With Specific Working Hours
- Having a fixed schedule is essential as it allows people to schedule their day while keeping their work-life balance. There won’t be any last minute changes based on the client’s schedule and you can schedule your day according to your personal life. You will have a fixed schedule with specific working hours. A fixed schedule leads to stability in life. It’s important for people to have a stable life pattern that promotes growth in personal front also.
- Time to learn things. You can learn things in the free time scheduled in your day. No one will call you to change your schedule at the last minute or make you work a crazy amount of hours or any working hours that you wouldn’t agree with first. Some people would call this monotonous, but if you want some stability in your professional life, full-time employment can offer you this.
Fixed Salary So No Worries For Money
- Regular salary: A full-time job allows a regular salary for the employees and gives them a sense of comfort in leading their life. Your employer will provide you with a fixed salary on a weekly or monthly basis. All you have to do is do what is expected of you and meet your daily or weekly quotas, be a good employee and at the end of the month, you will get paid a specific amount of money.
- Allows people to save: A regular salary allows people to save for the future and plan their expenses accordingly. This way you can plan and pay all your expenses to put money aside for other long-term plans and feel safe that no matter what you will have money in your pocket for at least one more month.
- Allows people to invest: a fixed salary allows people to invest in their future. It gives a sense of security for people to invest in different things.
Easy Job Advancement, Insurance, And Extra Benefits Are There
- Job advancement: A permanent full-time job opens up way more opportunities for employees to get timely promotion. It allows people to work hard for the company in order to receive a promotion as soon as possible. One of the positives of being a permanent employee is that the company views you as a long term investment. Offering you a promotion will benefit them since you already have a good relationship with your co-workers, you know all the company policies and understand your clients’ needs.
- Most people would say that one of the best advantages of a 9-5 job is company-subsidized or company-paid insurance benefits. These insurance policies include things such as health, life, disability or even accidental death with many companies offering family coverage as well. Even though this usually comes after the probation period (3-6 months) it’s nevertheless a massive cost that you don’t have to pay for.
- Extra benefits: when you’re working full time for a company, they also try to take care of your recreational needs. Today most of the companies are providing their employees with benefits like company provident fund, medical insurance, etc
Paid Holidays, Vacations and Sick Days.
- Paid holidays. As a full-time employee, you receive more vacation, holiday and sick days than part-timers as paid time off is usually calculated based on the number of total hours employed. This way you can plan your holidays or take some time off when you’re sick without feeling guilty.
WHY CHOOSE A PART TIME JOB?
A lot of employers are shifting to hiring more part-time workers and fewer full-time employees as it turns out to be beneficial for the employers monetarily. These days people are also shifting towards part-time jobs for its multiple advantages listed below.
More Free Time to Pursue Other Projects and Activities
- More free time to do other things. For some people, this may be the most important consideration. People who are pursuing education side by side or the ones who are working on their co-curricular activities and interests. It opens up opportunities for people who don’t wish to commit their nine hours in an office setup.
- Gives time for training and skills in their chosen career. For example, it is quite common for individuals to obtain undergraduate degrees in counseling, psychology or social work, and then after obtaining part-time entry-level work, continue their schooling to obtain graduate degrees that open up more and more lucrative job opportunities.
- Opening doors to new job opportunities. Accepting part-time work can sometimes provide a way for an individual to get his foot in the door, so to speak, when there is no full-time position available. The question for the individual to consider then is the importance of working in his desired field as opposed to the importance of having a full-time income. Working part-time is also one way of gaining experience and training in an unfamiliar job field. An employer may not be willing to hire an inexperienced person on a full-time basis, but he may be willing to take on a person on a part-time basis who expresses an enthusiastic desire to learn the business.
Opportunity to Earn More Money
- Working part-time can actually sometimes enable an individual to make more money – especially if he/she balances a couple of different jobs. For example, a person might be able to secure a 30 hour-a-week gig along with a 15- to 20-hours-per-week gig. The total income from both positions might provide a greater total income than if he held just a single full-time position. And given that many salaried, full-time positions often require 50 to 60 hours of work per week, the individual could still come out ahead in terms of working fewer total hours.
- Saving Money on Transportation Costs. One possible situational advantage to part-time work lies in the area of transportation costs. If a person can readily find part-time work near his home, but can only obtain a full-time position by commuting daily an hour or more, he may be able to recoup a substantial amount of the differential in income through transportation cost savings in the form of spending less for gas and overall vehicle maintenance.
- Reduced Stress Levels and Improved Health. Studies reveal how perennially tired and “worn out” many full-time workers feel. And a frequent complaint of full-time employees is one of not having sufficient free time for exercise or outdoor activities. Part-time employment offers the opportunity to get back in the gym or get outside more and enjoy the sunshine. Not having to respond to an early morning alarm clock five or six days a week can substantially reduce stress levels and markedly improve the odds of getting an ample amount of sleep and rest. Many people report reduced financial stress as the result of having to lower their bills to get by on just a part-time income. Part-time employment offers the opposite of lifestyle inflation.
- More family time. People, for whom family is of primary importance in their lives, working part-time can be ideal. One of the most recognized disadvantages of full-time employment is the time taken away from near and dear ones. An employee working full time from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. faces difficulty if he has children who need to be picked up from school in the middle of the afternoon. Also, the extra cost of things such as day care services may exceed the extra money earned by working full-time. Ultimately, parents need to consider how much time away from their children they are willing to trade for additional income. Although a certain level is, of course, required to provide for the family, beyond that basic financial requirement, the additional hours required by full-time work may at some point come to be an unacceptable trade-off. A certain level of income is required to provide for family members, of course, but beyond that basic financial requirement, the additional work hours required for full-time positions, many of which are salaried positions that actually require 50 to 60 hours work per week or more, may at some point come to be an unacceptable trade-off.