Our role as an IT consultant is to work in partnership with clients, advising them how to use information technology in order to meet their business objectives or overcome problems. We work to improve the structure and efficiency of IT systems in various organizations.
We provide strategic guidance to clients with regard to technology and IT infrastructures and will enable major business processes through enhancements to IT. We are also called upon to provide guidance and technical expertise during other processes as well, such as selection and procurement and user training and feedback.
As a responsible consultant we:
- Work with clients to define the scope of a project
- Plan timescales and the resources needed
- Clarify a client’s system specifications, understand their work practices and the nature of their business
- Liaise with staff at all levels of a client organization
- Define software, hardware and network requirements
- Analyses IT requirements within companies and give independent and objective advice on the use of IT
- Develop agreed solutions and implement new systems
- Present solutions in written or oral reports
- Help clients with change-management activities
- Prepare documentation and present progress reports to customers
- Be involved in sales and support, and where appropriate, maintain contact with client organizations
- Identify potential clients and build and maintain contacts.