Technical Sales Overview
They have a strong knowledge of technical and scientific products & services. They deal in B2B (Business to Business) sales, which includes products and services like machinery, plant equipment, devices, and tools. Technical sales personnel promote and sell the device by manifesting how it performs, along with the perk it can provide probable customers. Technical Sales Jobs are Available.
- Expertise Communication Skills
- Able to handle Pressure
- Degree in IT/Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Maths, Chemistry
Technical Sale Duties
- Traveling comes with the job.
- Keep an eye on Competitors Activities
- Able to provide advantages of products
- Understands Customer’s Needs
- Maintaining Contacts with all the customers as well as sourcing new customers.
Professional Path of Technical Sales
If you are planning to make your career in Technical Sales. Specialization in following areas is required:
- Trainee Sales Engineer: Before starting anything independently they seek knowledge from experienced colleagues. Focus on the training sessions such as prentation skills, business administration and technical demonstrations.
- Junior Technical Sales: They focus on gaining technical sales experience for more opportunities and growth. Basically follows the instruction of Technical sales manager
- Technical Sales Manager: The Junior technical sales person later moves to other technical functions like product research, design and development. That assign tasks to junior technical sales person.