How important it is to educate yourself every day?
Nurturing our minds with new ideas and thoughts is primal for growth and creativity. Our mind needs mental stimulation to develop critical analytic skills and generate an effective work process. And, it depends on us as to what we feed our minds with. The ideas we hold are ultimately the spin-off of the knowledge we have and the information we collect in our mind. Hence, it is central to set up a standard routine, to assess how we need to strengthen our cognitive skills.
Some ways to work on self development:
- Take some time out of your schedule to work on yourself. Inspire yourself, meet good people, discuss ideas, enhance your skills, and be expressive. Doing this helps you to know yourself better.
- Push yourself no matter how many times you have fallen down. Remember, life knocks those who’re capable of getting back up right away. Never allow others to degrade your morals, values and ideologies. You are where you are because of all the attributes you imbibe within.
- It is great if you want to future proof your career by working on your skills. Apart from building your personality and intellect, it opens up an ocean of opportunities for you. It earns you dignity and prepares you for your future endeavours.
- In addition to training your psyche, you should also indulge in doing some creative stuff at times. Paint away your pain, sing your heart out, dance occasionally, go for short trips, blog your story and plan quick get-away with friends, etc. Doing so would cut away the tedium of your work and also revamp your abilities.
- Read, read, read. Reading is the best medicine to an aching heart and a tiresome mind. It boosts memory, enhances vocabulary and writing skills, stables the mind, develops language skills, and helps one to understand and analyse the complexities of life and, also makes you a better person. Read tons of blogs, books, magazines, journals and newspaper as they are a intense source of wisdom.
- If there’s something (a subject, a course, a hobby or a training) that you want to take up and explore, go for it. There is no age bar or limit to learning new things in life. Create a room of learning with some of your chosen streams – learn a new language, a new sport, attend creative workshops, enroll for some internship programs or freelancing projects as they would add up to your skills and also improve your resume.
- Be open to accepting new things and ideas. Nobody appreciates archaic procedures, beliefs and thinking – whether it is your workplace or home. So acknowledge the changes around and try to adapt them in your routine. This would develop your overall personality and mindset.
- Plan a journal of everything you’ve learnt and train your mind .to retain the information by practicing and self-study.
- Listen to informative talks, discussions, and interviews. And, attend seminars. Remember, the finest minds in the world present their best ideas and talks during their public conversations.
- The best things in life are achievable when you step out of your comfort zone and follow your heart. Things would get better at the end. So, take up new challenges, set up bigger goals and aim high. This would have a positive impact on your life and career.
- Update yourself to get in terms with the latest trends and technological diversities. Question ‘why’ in every situation and every phenomenon. This way you will be well-informed and confident with your work ethics.
- Spend time on sensible areas. Make utmost use of time by writing. When you write stuff, your brain muscles are activated and your thinking conditions your brain to recall and memorize things better. Cut short your time on gadgets, and social media to concentrate on other important things.